- Promotes adhesion to polypropylene, ABS, PET/PBT blends, and other difficult to stick to substrates
- Improved environmental, health, and safety profile compared to 3M™ Tape Primer 94
- UV indicator verifies primer application, reducing priming errors and increasing quality control
- Quick dry time speeds process and increases throughput
- Can be applied with brush, swab, felt-tipped dauber bottle applicator, knurled roller or similar type of equipment
- Designed specifically for use with 3M™ VHB™ Tapes
- Cleans up with acetone
3M™ VHB™ Tape Universal Primer UV is a priming solution designed for bonding with 3M™ VHB™ Tapes. It enables strong, durable bonds on surfaces like polypropylene, ABS, PET/PBT blends and other difficult to stick to substrates while improving a manufacturer’s environmental, health, and safety profile when compared to using 3M™ Tape Primer 94.
High impact performance. Low impact formulation
3M™ VHB™ Tape Universal Primer UV offers an improved environmental, health, and safety profile compared to 3M™ Tape Primer 94.
- Reduction in volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) by 40% (780gm/L to 429gm/L, by US VOC rules)
- No intentionally added aromatics including: Toluene, Xylene, Chlorobenzene
- No intentionally added halogens including chlorinated compounds
- Non-offensive odor for an improved working environment
This universal primer features a UV indicator which makes it visible under UV light. This allows verification of primer application, reducing the chance of priming errors and increasing quality control.
3M™ VHB™ Tape Universal Primer UV is specifically formulated for quick drying time. This helps to increase speed and productivity.
- To improve overall adhesion of 3M™ VHB™ Tape
- For use on many plastic, painted and bare metal substrates
3M™ VHB™ Tape Universal Primer UV may be applied with a brush, swab, or felt-tipped dauber bottle applicator, knurled roller or similar type of equipment and can be removed with acetone.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
For more than a century, 3M has applied innovation and technology to improving our customers’ lives and supporting their business goals. Today the company, from its headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, serves industrial and commercial customers and consumers in nearly 200 countries. 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes include application-specific products that provide durability, strength, and special characteristics such as temperature resistance and short- and long-term protection. The 3M brand, across thousands of products, represents consistency, superior quality, and value.